The Adopt-A-School Program is an integral part of the Smiths Falls Police Service efforts to live up to our motto of “Community First”. The program involves having patrol officers visit their assigned schools on every day shift. This enables officers to connect with and build a bond with, the youth in our community. Often officers can address behaviour issues and areas of concerns before they escalate to criminal activity or serious problems for the school and students.
Other services school resource officers provide include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing safety information to school children and school staff.
- Conducting or organizing educational assemblies aimed at drug education.
- Conducting or organizing educational assemblies aimed at eliminating impaired driving.
- Addressing the policing needs of attending school children or their families.
- Addressing issues of violence or harassment in their schools.